Q.How do I get started?

A.The best way is to call us and we can arrange for you to come in for a visit to show you the facilities and aircraft. During your visit we can explain the different training programs available to you. Alternatively, you can review the training options on the website and call us to discuss any questions that you have. The next step would be to schedule an Introductory Flight and experience excitement and joy of piloting an aircraft yourself.

Q.Do you offer Introductory Flights?

A.Yes, we offer 30 minute introductory flights; these flights give you an inexpensive opportunity to experience flying an airplane with a flight instructor.

Q.When can I start training?

A.You can start your flight training immediately if you wish. Air instruction is based on individual one on one instruction which can commence whenever your schedule permits. The required ground school instruction is group based classroom instruction, with classes starting periodically year round.

Q.What types of Pilot Licenses are there?

A.In Canada, Transport Canada issues four types of licenses for aeroplanes they are; the Recreational Pilot Permit, Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, and the Airline Transport Pilot Licence.

Q.What type of Pilot Licence do I need?

A.If it's your desire to learn to fly for recreational purposes (e.g. sightseeing, personal business) or just for the sheer pleasure of it then you would most likely want to obtain your Private Pilot Licence. If you want to pursue a career in aviation as a professional pilot then a Commercial Pilot Licence it what you will need.

Q.How long will it take to obtain my Pilot licence?

A.A lot of factors can influence the amount time it takes you to complete a course, the time of year, personal aptitude, dedication, and budget can all affect training times. A full time student can complete a Private Pilot Licence in approximately 3 months whereas a part time student will usually complete in approximately 12 months. Commercial Pilot training is typically another 6 to 8 months for the full time student.

Q.How is the flight training scheduled?

A.A.Ground school is taught in group based classes that are held twice a week in the evenings and run continuously year round. A student can expect to attend classes for 3 to 4 months in order to cycle through all the required course material. Air instruction is individual based instruction which is conducted one on one with your flight instructor. Each training session is two hours in duration with a frequency of 2 to 5 sessions a week. The more sessions flown per week the greater your retention will be, resulting in reduced training time and costs.

Q.Do I need to take ground school classes first?

A.No you do not need to attend the ground classes prior to commencing your air instruction. Ideally, you should be taking both your ground and air instruction concurrently to receive the maximum benefit. However, it is not uncommon for students to start or even complete one type of instruction before stating the other.

Q.What types of aircraft do you have?

A.Our training fleet consists of Cessna 172s and 152's as our single engine trainers and a Piper Seneca and a Beech Duchess as our Multi-Engine Trainers. Additionally we us a Precision Flight Controls MFD with 180° visuals as our Flight Training Device (Simulator).

Q.Can I rent your airplanes when I complete my training?

A.Yes, our aircraft will be available for you to rent once you are licenced.

Q.How to I become an airline pilot?

A.This can be a long journey, but it all starts here with learning to fly. The first step is obtaining your Commercial Pilot Licence and through a progression of obtaining experience and dedication. There are many paths to becoming an airline pilot but whatever your route is you will at the very least need a Commercial Pilot Licence, Flight Experience, and Aptitude and Desire for this job and life style.

Q.What does it cost to get my licence?

A.The cost of obtaining your licence is dependant on many factors. This includes which course you are in, frequency of training and your aptitude and ability. Transport Canada mandates a minimum training standard and experience for every licence, and your costs will be predicated to reach these standards. Detailed course costs can be found here Training Programs.

Q.Is my tuition tax deductible?

A.Yes, training programs such as Commercial Pilot Licence, Multi-Engine, Instrument, and Flight Instructor ratings are considered vocational training and can be used as a tax deduction.

Q.Do you provide financing?

A.No, we do not provide financing.

Q.Do I need to pay the full training costs all at once, or can I make payments?

A.There is no requirement to pay the entire training costs at once. Most of the training costs can be paid as you go, but there are some exceptions that include ground school tuition and study materials (books, charts, pilot supplies, etc).

Q.What forms of payment do you accept?

A.We accept most forms of payment such as Visa, MasterCard, Debit, Bank Transfer, and Cash.

Q.Do you accept International Students?

A.Yes, we accept students from all over the world and fully welcome your applications. Information on international training requirements can be found here.

Q.What are the Medical Requirements?

A.Transport Canada requires that all pilots be medically fit and therefore are required to hold a medical certificate. There are different medical categories defined for the different licence types. Each category will have different requirements and validity periods. More information on Medical Certificates can be found here.

Q.Do I need to have perfect eyesight?

A.No, contrary to a popular myth perfect eyesight for pilots is not required, it is permissible to have your vision corrected using corrective lenses ie. Eyeglasses, Contact Lenses.

Q.How old must I be to start flying?

A.There is no minimum age requirement to start your training there is however minimum ages specified in the Canadian Aviation Regulations to hold certain licenses. 15 years old for a Student Pilot Permit, 16 years for a Recreational Pilot Permit, 17 years old to hold a Private Pilot Licence and 18 years of age for the issuance of a Commercial Pilot Permit.